The village of Stepps dates back further than the 1800's and was so named for the road running through the village.
The village includes two churches, a health club and the Buchanan Tower which was transferred to offices after the closure of the James Buchanan & Co Whisky Distillery which opened in 1969 and provided some 800 local jobs until 1987.
The village also has three war memorials, a tennis club and the Stepps Bowling Club founded in the 1900's.
The hotel itself has been extended since its time as a family home to a local politician.
The recent refurbishment within the hotel has honoured the remaining original features whilst capturing a modern and luxurious feel throughout with fully accessible bedrooms and function suite.