This 47-bedroom, award winning hotel is the hub of the community for many family occasions and consists of a restaurant, bar and function suite (180-person capacity) alongside 3 private dining rooms.
Also due to open in April we have an outdoor dining and beer garden area with capacity for up to 70 persons which will also host private events.
We are currently recruiting for the post of wedding and events coordinator.
The role's primary responsibilities
- Responding to initial wedding/events enquiries
- To organise wedding show rounds, meet and greet, understand what each couple is looking for, sell the hotel’s features and benefits, pull together cost estimates, answer queries and develop a good working relationship, and thus convert "lookers" into "bookers"
- To plan and organise each wedding/event in detail, from booking through to delivery. This includes detailed planning with the clients, discussing menu options, updating costings, preparing function sheets, all invoicing, sorting out the guest details, queries and requests
- Create detailed timelines based on client’s requirements
- Invoicing – once a wedding/event has confirmed all invoicing details should be added to the front office system
- Ensure all events details are up to date on the system at all times
- To coordinate every detail of the wedding/event day itself, be the "go to" person, sort out last-minute issues for the client and liaising with the hotel’s operational team
- To be proactive in liaising effectively with all other departments within the business, regarding upcoming events. This includes hosting a final detail meeting two weeks prior to arrival – this is the point in which all final details should be completed
- To uphold the reputation of the business by maintaining high personal standards, projecting a warm and welcoming attitude towards guests and staff at all times
- To work in partnership with the operations director to meet business
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Three years’ experience as an event planner, preferably in a hotel environment
- Previous experience in generating wedding and event leads
- Working knowledge of social media platforms
- An ability to communicate
- A sense of ownership of their work role
- Available to work shifts, including evenings and weekends as per hotel
The successful candidate will receive:
- A genuine work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Meals while on duty
- Discounted hotel rates at over 260 hotels throughout the UK
- Access to development and training courses
If you think this position is the role for you then apply now by sending an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.